Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error duplicating Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle2

Technical User
Aug 17, 2001
US
Hello, can't figure something out. When I click "Duplicate Record" on my menu bar or even if I create a macro for it EVERYTIME I click the tab button to go to the next field (of course when I first duplicate the record it goes to the 1st tab) it deletes all the rest of the info. My other database doesn't do that and I've tried for a few hours to figure out why its doing that. Can someone help?

Thanks a bunch!
Michelle2

There is nothing in Approach that would clear the rest of the fields, but you may have some settings or a macro/script that is doing it.

1) Check Field Definition to see if you have creation formulas on the fields that would change them.

2) See if a macro is attached to that first or second field -- and if so, go to the macro editor to see if it is resetting the fields.

3) A script could be attached to the first or second field, but this will not show up in the InfoBox properties. You would need to get the object names for these two fields from the Macro page of the InfoBox and then check them in the script editor.

Those are the areas I would check!
Sue Sloan
XpertSS.com

Sue, thank you for your help but form some reason I couldn't find anything wrong. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly. Can I email you the database and maybe you can find it?

Sue, I was unsure of how to do a join so I put my P.O.# in every data base that I joined together and I think it has something to do with all the P.O.#'s being joined. What can I do?

You can send me your system (Approach file and databases) to crossw@compuserve.com . I cannot guarantee anything but I will take a look.

Sue Sloan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back