Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error detected by export DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithsc

MIS
Apr 20, 2007
GB
I've got a report that last month ran perfectly well. Now when I try to run the report in Business Objects it seems to run ok but then fails with the error message "Error detected by export DLL". I've looked at other posts and they seem to go suggest a font problem.

The font I've using in the report is Arial (Open Type). The font that is on the business objects is Arial (True Type). Not sure if this makes a difference or not.

My IT dept assures me that they haven't changed the fonts on any of the machines since the last time my report ran ok so I'm assuming it's something else.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks for any help.

Stuart.

Hi,
Check the event viewer on the server to see if more info is available as to what error was detected.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I've looked at the event viewer log and there are no entries for the time the report failed.

Hi,
The last post in this thread ( refers to XI, not 10):
thread782-1110148

seems to indicate that it is caused by having a non-True Type font specified..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Please provide details of the Report type - and the export options you are trying to use.

If you are SCHEDULING a Crystal Report to PDF format and have the "Create bookmarks from group tree" option selected you will get the "Error detected by export DLL" issue if there are ZERO (0) records returned by the report query.

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back