Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error detected by database DLL 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

midmac

Technical User
Mar 28, 2000
US
After installing Seagate CR8 and IIS4, sample reports run fine, but our reports do not. <br>
<br>
The data displays if the data is saved with the report, but when I refresh any report I get the following message: <br>
<br>
Error detected by database DLL [Connecting to pageserver server2.mycompany.com] <br>
<br>
This error shows up in the Event viewer as a stop (Seagate_pageserver), and following it is warning (seagate_WebCompServer) <br>
<br>
System: Running CR8, IIS4(not used as external web server, only Intranet), NTServer4.0, SP4 <br>
Database: Btrieve <br>
<br>
I have checked permissions on the directories, downloaded all the PDF's I could find on setting up the web server, but this has stumped me. <br>
<br>
The reports run fine in the native CR8 program on the same server. <br>
<br>
Thanks in advance. <br>
Any help would be appreciated!<br>

I am having what seems to be the same problem. Did you ever solve the problem?

TIA

Budson

This error might be if the vlaues your are passing to the param are not same datatype, also you want to make sure that you are connecting to the database.

midmac: IS your Web Component Server installed on another machine? If so you need to ensure that there are appropriate data connections for that machine as well as your PC i.e. if you have used an ODBC connection to data in your report ensure that you have a similarly configured ODBC datasource established on the WCS machine - should do the trick David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

We have just run into this same problem.
Additionally we have noted that this occurs only when we run the Pageserver as a service.
When we run it from the command line (i.e., in it's own process space) it works fine.
Does this give anyone a clue as to what is wrong?
It is a work around, but unfortunately our production server policy requires logging off of production servers which does not allow us to do the above workaround.

I have this same problem with a report that is using the pdsodbc.dll on a file that is named WIP.txt. The file is populated with comma delimited fields with the first row designated as field headings. I was getting an ODBC error in advance of this one before using the method described in Seagate's knowledge base article c2002164, titled &quot;Trapping Error Messages in Report Designer Compenent.&quot;

I still not able to trap for the second error &quot;Error detected by database DLL.&quot;

I have often found the solution to be recompiling the report. Be sure to verify the databases again, and also check the database location. If you verify and it finds databases at H:\dirname\subdirname it is possible that if a different network user uses drive J: instead, the report will be looking to J:\dirname\subdirname instead and the report will fail.

I've also found this is a very confusing error message. The problem is probably NOT that the database dll is corrupt, but that the connection it's trying to make is corrupt. It's a red herring...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back