Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Could not find database ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bygbobbo

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
US
I have been running the same SQL scripts for about a year now. Just yesterday I received this error, for a bunch of queries that were run which normally have not been a problem.

Server: Msg 913, Level 16, State 8, Line 5
Could not find database ID 8. Database may not be activated yet or may be in transition.

Anyone know why this has happend..

Thanks in advance,
Bygs :)

make sure the database is online.check it. and then try again.

the database is online and has not gone offline in months.

It's only some queries, not all of them.

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I am getting the same thing. I'm trying to create a view and as part of the query I'm using the EXISTS statement (which I've used in other views) If I remove this statement the view create without an issue however with it I get the same error.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

This seems to be a bug in the database catalog.

Basically, what caused this error was someone deleted a database then created a new one with the same name.

What I did to correct this was remove all my linked servers and then recreated them. This apparently refreshed the catalogs.

This was only occurring when I was using heterogenous queries.

Hope this helps,
Bygs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back