Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error converting database to Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackC

Programmer
Nov 8, 2001
US
I have Access 2000/SR1. When I try to convert my database to Access 97, I get the following error: "The Microsoft Jet database could not find the object 'Main Table'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly." I have converted this database many times before, but have never gotten this error. At first I thought the Main Table might be corrupted, but I can open and view it with no problems.

can you import the object into Access2000? Have you run the Compact and Repair tool in Access97 prior to the conversion?

I did run Compact and Repair and yes I can import Main Table into another database.

So since the last successfull conversion to Access 97, have you changed anything in the table like field names/data type? I am thinking that if you have, there may be something there that cannot be rolled back to 97?

If anything changed, it would have been minor, for example, changing the spelling of a field name.

sorry, earlier i had asked about importing, i meant to ask if you can import the table into access97 from 2000?

Access 97 won't let you import an object from Access 2000

the first thing I would check is
If anything changed, it would have been minor, for example, changing the spelling of a field name.
In 2002 it will follow it, 97 won't
recheck all name changes

Hope this helps
Hymn

i have a similar problem When i convert back to 97 from 200, my forms stop working. i have subform that refreshes on popup close, and once converted it stops working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back