Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error connecting to Terminal servers through Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvidia

MIS
Nov 15, 2002
ID
Dear all,

I have a Terminal Server with W2K3 installed.The terminal server was running for a few months. But today, when user tried to connect to Terminal Server through Remote Desktop, there is an error message : "You do not have access to logon to this session" (even for domain admins user) and I didn't change any configuration and permissions for Terminal Services.
I use licensing setting : per user.
Any suggestions, pls help ...???
Thanks.....

Cherio,
nvidia

Hi,

I would start with the basics.

The first thing to do would be clear any sessions using the Terminal Services Manager.

After that I would then reboot the server.

Thanks.

And if that didn't work, I'd check the server had found its Terminal Services Licensing server - it might have reached its 90 or 120 (?) day limit before it needs a license?

On the off chance that you don't have a time server setup the time on the Terminal services server could have drifted too far outside of the 5 minute window for Kerberos authentication. I have seen this cause the problem that you are describing as well.

The domain controllers wont accept the authentication attempts by the TS server because it thinks that the server is staging a replay attack.

nedrudrelyt = tyler durden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back