Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error code 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

H1tmanSS

MIS
Aug 2, 2000
US
Anybody know wha an error code 9 is?

Here's the text I'm getting.

08/22/00 00:30:36 savegrp: command 'savefs -s cronos.nortom.com -c leng.nortom.com -g saturday_g -p -l full -R -v ' for
client leng.nortom.com exited with return code 9.
08/22/00 00:30:36 savegrp: leng.nortom.com:probe unexpectedly exited.
* leng.nortom.com:All Connection refused
08/22/00 00:30:36 savegrp: leng.nortom.com:probe will retry 1 more time(s

Usually connection refused messages mean there is some sort of connectivity problem. Check the hosts file on both the client and server and verify the ip addresses for each other are listed. IE cronos has a listing for leng and leng has an entry for cronos. Also, ensure that the legato client software is running on the client. It looks like you are running Unix/Linux, and alhtough I mostly work w/ NT here, I do backup some SCO and Red Hat boxes and I know the client can we tricky (atleast for me, since I'm not a Unix guru). Anyway, hope that helps alittle. I'm not an expert, but I've run into enough issues w/ the product in the short time I've used it to have picked up a few things from support (which I generally find very unhelpful most of the time).

Thanks for the advice man. With some tessting with a knowledgable Legato rep( Holy Cow there is one!) We were able to determine that the SCSI controller card and the Fiber channel box in the Scalar unit was fried. I had a tech from Data General come and gutt ADIC unit out. This not only fixed the problem but now my backsup are about 20 % faster. I knew there was something wrong with this thing. It was just a matter of finding out what. Thanks again.

-BMH

No problem.... sorry it wasn't helpful... interesting problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back