Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error code 7004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pylot

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2003
CA
I have a system that had been working untill the worstation hung and was rebooted. Now I get the following error. I have uninstalled and run the system analyzer and then reinstalled. I also installed on another system and it works fine. I do need to make it work on theorigional system. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to connect to Pervasive.SQL 2000 on our Windows 2000 server via the Pervasive Control Center returns an error 7004 " failed with DTI library specific error code - 7004"

This is waht I get from my documentation in relation to that error:

7004: The User Count Manager cannot write to the specified file. For a description of this status code, refer to the message “UCMGR–406: Error writing to file, file = filename, (errno=nn).”.

UCMGR–406: Error writing to file, file = filename, (errno= nn).
The User Count Manager returns this message when trying to write to the specified file. The operating system error number is specified by errno. Refer to your operating system
documentation for more information about the errno number. Ensure that your disk is not full and that you have appropriate access rights to the specified file.

I found the problem. It apears that there was an old copy of proxy client on this system that decided to activate. Once I removed it all is now fine.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back