Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Code 310

Status
Not open for further replies.

tertel

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
US
I have a customer with 7.1 expanded software and a PRI. Their system test log has been filled to 50 with the following error codes: 310-370175 and 310-3C00759E and one occurance of 310-36004DDD on 11/7 and again today, and one occurance on 11/7 of 310-3C0003E4. They have started experiencing an occasional problem that when someone calls the main number the call is not being answered by the AA but by random voicemail boxes. I'm not sure if the 310 error codes and the voicemail issue is related. This morning they called me and said that now random phones are ringing but there is no incoming call. I have been tracking the error codes for about a week and the only ones are always the 310 and as soon as I clear the log it starts again. Is the problem in the system or from the carrier?

This is from the manual. looks like a T1 problem.

Bad stimulus message received by DTI from KSU.

Record the event message and contact your
local support group. Check the DTI
connections. If the problem persists call the
T1 service provider.

Thanks, I saw that in my error code manual but since it was referring to the DTI wasn't sure if it was a hardware or carrier problem.

Hard to say. I'd start by asking the LEC to put a Tberd on the circuit, and monitor for a day or so.

tertel

Did you ever figure out what was causing the event 310 error codes?

I have a customer that has a SP:30DEC12 expanded system in for about 9 months and they just started getting the 310 codes last week along with disconnections.

No, the problem is still there but the LEC said there is no problem on their end. I replaced the DTI card but it the error code is still there.

Let me know if you have any success in finding out what is causing the error code.

Lie!!!!
Call the Telco and ask for a repair manager, tell them you replaced the whole system twice and have spent a lot of dollars and your mutual customer is considering swapping Telco's if not resolved ASAP.

Works for me.

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

So far it has been quite at customers.
I was curious so I dialed in to a few other customers to check their logs.
I found that many customers with similar set up have a whole log full of Event 310s.
Luckily no one yet has reported any trouble to me about it.
The locations I checked all have XC software and 1 PRI.
The software of the sites I checked are:
30DDC04, 30DDC12, and 30DEC12.

Sounds like a good idea but it won't work with this company since they work with the LEC on applications. I'll just keep an eye and the system and tell the customer what is going on. If they give me the okay I can pursue it further with the LEC but it's a touchy situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back