Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Code = 205

Status
Not open for further replies.

joxl

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2001
AT
Every time i try to save my changes in a Crystal Report i get the message errorcode=205. Because of technical reasons i still have to work with Crystal Reports Professional 4.0. Can somebody help me?

hi there,

I am not sure what this error is, usually the errorcodes start with 205 but then have another 3 digits. Can you tell me, if this is happining in the report designer? Also, select the File|Report Options and check the option “More Print Engine Error Messages” This might give us more information. If not, can you tell me if this happens to one report or to all reports, do you see any similarities to ones that this does work for and those which don't?

E. McEvoy
Crystal Reports Consultant
emcevoy@crystalconsulting.ca

hi there,

the error happens in the report designer and it happens with every report. i'm looking forward further information.

regards
johannes

hi,

I have not seen this error before, however, if you are getting this error with all reports, I would suggest a reinstall of crystal reports. If it is an installation issue, then the reinstall should fix this, If not, send me the full details on exact error message, if you have the option to hit a Details button at the error prompt, include the first 3 lines in here. Give full details on the version number, the exact time that the error comes up, eg on refresh, do you get to design view, etc.

hope this helps. E. McEvoy
Crystal Reports Consultant
emcevoy@crystalconsulting.ca

Hi,

i have got the error, it was too simple, so i have to apologize for stealing your time - the reports were just write protected.
Sorry again and thank you for your help!

Johannes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back