Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error B1014507 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayson

Vendor
Jan 29, 2007
ZW
Guys

I have another AS400 coming up with this error code B1014507 when it boots up. It does not finish booting up then and just hangs. What could this be??

Seems like you'r AS400 are trying to IPL from a alternate load-source - in this instance a tapedrive, but finds that the tapedrive is not ready, or you inserted an incorrect tape.

But as I understand your question, that's not what you are trying to do. So :
You can start up the AS400 in A M mode and select another loadsource for your IPL (By entering DST tools menu).

Finally you can try starting in D M with an SLIC CD in the CD drive, and then enter DST tools, this way.

Hope this helps ! :)

Kind regards,
Michael Malmgaard - IBM Tech.
Dane Computer, Denmark

I have started the AS400 in a different mode now B N but has a diffent error code 97402010 and does not finish booting up and displays nothing on the console

I did some looking and could not find an SRC of 97402010. However, a 9740 is a PCI Base Raid Controller. Often times after an SRC is presented, the system provides the part/model number (9740 in this case I think) and some coded info (the 2010 part). Perhaps it's looking for an alternate IPL device if this controller runs the load source and it is not functional.

Just a thought.

Mike Butler
Iseries Guy -> PC's gone, SUNs gone - WooHoo
"Never put off 'til tomorrow what you should have done yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back