Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error: Active x component can't create object

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goha

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2002
US
---------------------

I get the following error.

run time error '429':
Active x component can't create object

the pocedure that it is in is below

-------------

Private Sub open_database_connection() 'open the connection to access Database (s)
rdoDefaultLoginTimeout = 40 'set the default as 40 sec. --> the error is here
Set EN = rdoEnvironments(0) 'EN.CursorDriver = 1
conn$ = "DSN=picasso;UID=sa;PWD=;DATABASE=blackcar;" 'where to connect
Set cn = EN.OpenConnection("", rdDriverNoPrompt, False, conn$) 'connect
End Sub

Make sure that the active x components are installed on your computer. In this case RDO. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

zemp - which one would that be?
teh215 - the prograam wass working fine before as is

background:
-----------
I am loading a project from one pc and trying to run it on another. the original pc is my work pc at the office and the second is the pc that i use at home to work from home. I have tried installing vb 4 times what seems to be the issue.

Check your project references and see if one is listed as missing. If so then that is the one that you need to install on your computer. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Is this related to the problem in thread222-396885 "I am Loading..." If it is then your home computer is missing something that your work computer has installed on it.
Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back