Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunBo900

MIS
Dec 11, 2009
US
Hello:

I am migrating my current web server from 2k3 to 2k8R2. This server combines different applications written in classic asp and asp.net. When I run the classic asp application in 2k8, I encountered the following error:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'
Script time out
The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools

I did the following:
In Web Server -> IIS -> ASP, I changed Session Properties -> Time-out to 01:00:00, but did not fix it.

Please advice, Thanks.

put

Code:
<% server.scripttimeout = 3600 %>

at the top of the script document that is timimg out.

Session Timeout and Script Timeout are two very different things.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

I put that line of code in and still got the same error.

I am not familiar with classic asp. What about the database connection? Is there any setup for that?

If your script is running or processing loop that writes any output of some kind, flush the response buffer (response.flush()) at appropriate points

All depends on what database you need to communicate with, and how you are going to connect and query the database

Make sure you user the appropriate cursor type for whether you need "read only" recordsets or "updateable" recordsets

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back