Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error Accessing File. Network Connection May Have Been Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddiMond

Technical User
Mar 28, 2005
US
I have followed the steps outlined in the Access Module FAQ about the Error message "Error Accessing File. Network Connection May Have Been Lost." I deleted the code behind forms and reports, set HasModule to no and imported the forms and reports into a new access database. But there is still a problem. When I want to set Has Module to yes now in the new database, it gives me the following error message:

Microsoft Access failed to create the Visual basic module.
If your database is on a network drive, check your network connection, then try again.

I am at a loss and do not know how to go further from here.
Also, I do not know if I have this thing and how I can find out: Vbe6.dll

Thanks. Your help is appreciated.

Hi,

I had a similar problem the first time I tried this fix. I think I solved it by copying and pasting forms from one database to the other one at a time (rather than exporting) then pasting in the VBA and setting has module after each one. Now I religiously compile my VBA every time I copy and paste code...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back