Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: Access is denied. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

klilman

MIS
Dec 28, 2001
US
Hi,
We have MFPS 3.0 on W2K SP4 Servers. When users are logging on using NFuse, they get the following error: "Access is denied. This initial program cannot be stared: icast.exe [path of the application use is trying to access]. Please check the initial program in the client configuration." When we launch the same app via Citrix Program Neighborhood, it's fine. Please help. Thank you.

-klilman

SOunds like the user has not got proper access to the web site.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Thank you for your response ascotta. However, I don't think so. When the user uses an XP Prof SP2 PC to connect, he gets the "Access is denied" message. When he uses a W2K SP4 PC, he is fine.

OK well I do think you have proved it is not your Citrix setup tho. It must be a client thing. Try downloading Filemon and regmon from sysinternals and run these on the client as you try to connect.

Cheers
Scott

Thank you ascotta. I tried your suggestions. What I've noticed is that the application that is causing the problem is STUISRV.EXE. This is a citrix application and is found in \program files\citrix\system32. I can't find anything much about this application. Any information is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Have never seen anything using this, so I will investigate tonight and get back to you.

Cheers
Scott

Thank you. When I published the desktop of the server and access it via NFuse, I am fine. On the same server, when I access a publish application I get this "Access is denied" error. Thanks again for your help.

I had this problem when the path to the published application on the servers (or one of the servers) was pointed to the wrong place.

Thank you ascotta and tk36 for your help. However, we solved the issue. We uninstalled the web client from the user's PC and installed Citrix Program Neighborhood and tested. It worked successfully without any errors.

hmm still dosn't tell us why the web client didn't work. But thanks for publishing your result.

Cheers
Scott

I would like to know what fixed it as well. I have noticed a couple of posts that problems were fixed by adding the full client. We have had a couple of strange problems going on since we went to the web client, and was following this with great interest.

We don't know exactly what fixed it. Just that, the full Citrix Program Neighborhood client installation was enough to resolve the issue. If I do find exactly what fixed it, I will post it. Thanks.

It seems that users were installing all three of the citrix clients (Program Neighborhood, Web Client, Web Agent) and with the Web Agent installed, the Web Client would fail to work properly. Even after uninstalling all of the clients and just install the Web Client, it would still give this "Access is denied" error. When we install Program Neighborhood ONLY, this seems to fix what the Web Agent broke. That's our conclusion. Hope this helps.

We have a third party group that did the install. They did not do a full uninstall of the old version before doing an install of the web client. Thanks for the post. Everything helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back