Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 8522 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SusieGirl

MIS
Apr 2, 2002
GB
I am having problems with Arcserve 2000 SP4 running on a w2k server. The servers that i am backing up is running NT 4.0 SP6a with remote agent. The problems is that the backup is "50%" done and i receive and E8522 error.

The problem appears after a few hours of backup when i receive an "error 8522 - failed to receive data from the client agent EC=10060 and EC=1). This happes at several servers at "random" time interval. I've checked the CA document "Troubleshooting Arcserve 522 errors" - but this hasn't done the trick for me.

I've checked the NIC settings, modified the send \ receive buffer size, i've stopped AV software but i still receive the 8522 messages.

Anyone have any good suggestions on how to troubleshoot this one ?

Sounds like your network may have a loss in communication of some sort. You could try setting the timeout value to zero and it will keep continuosly trying? But some serious looks at the netowkr configuration must be made.

g

I am going through the network setup now and i've found some strange settings.

You should happen to know the difference between EC=1 and EC=10060 ? I think that EC=10060 refers to the WinSock error 10060 (timeout) but the EC=1 is still a mysteri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back