Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 80092004

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamedTech

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2005
GB
Hello Guys,

I've come into the office this morning to get spme work done and for some reason when trying to access my local SQL Express databases I get an error saying that connection is refused.

So, I too a look at the running services on my system and noticed that SQL Express service hadnt started by itself when the system booted. So I try to start it manualy and get an error saying it was unable to start, check the event logs for more information.

Now, when I look at the event log it seems to stem from one which looks like this:

Code:
- <Event xmlns="[URL unfurl="true"]http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">[/URL]
- <System>
  <Provider Name="MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">17182</EventID> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>2</Task> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-02-10T11:14:16.000Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>9582</EventRecordID> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>RobRawlins-PC</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>80092004</Data> 
  <Data>80</Data> 

</Event>

After doing a little googling around it seems that this error 80092004 is somthing to do with SSL certification? is that correct? The system doesnt have any SQL certificates assigned too it so I cant see why this is a problem.

The system was working fine when I left the office last night at around 11pm, back in the morning and its stopped, dont you just love it.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks,

Rob

As a little sidenote of informaiton, I found another forum with a thread for the exact same problem as I'm having, I've followed the steps to no avail.

Down near the bottom of that thread a guy called 'Praddy' has listed that he is trying to switch the server to run as a local service but when trying to do so is getting a popup which says

'Cannot find object or property. [0x80092004]'

Whats this all about? sounds like a damn registry issue. I've also noticed on my system this morning that its started forgetting the username/password details for my outlook pop accounts and things too so perhaps I've got a squify registry on the system, grrrrr.

Any advice is appreciated guys,

Rob

What's in the ERRORLOG file?

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Hi Denny,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Well, the first strange occurance is that I've come into the office this morning and SQL seems to have started up just fine :-s and my system also appears to be remembering all the passwords it had forgotton yesterday too :-s

Out of interest though, where can I find the ERRORLOG file? I've searched the system but it doesnt appear to be finding anything of that name, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks Denny,

Rob

It'll be where ever you installed SQL. By default it's in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SQLExpress\MSSQL\Log\".

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back