Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error '8007045a'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunaj

Technical User
Feb 13, 2001
DK
Hi,

I'm getting "error '8007045a'" when creating an instance of an AxtiveX object on my asp page. The error means that the dll initialisation failed. If I run the exact same code in a VBScript (instead of through the webserver), it works fine. I have given the IWAM and IUSR users permission 'full control' of the dll in question - but this dll links to hundreds of other dll's which I have not been through. Can anybody help me on how to find out extactly where the permission problem arises?

There are no entries in the event logs associated with this problem.

How do I find out on which dll's I should give which rights to which users?

Thanks in advance

Sunaj
'The gap between theory and practice is not as wide in theory as it is in practice'

Has the user IWAM (or IUSR) permissions to create the ActiveX in the DCOM configuration?

I don't know, the component is not in the list of DCOM applications. Should it be? It does not appear in the list on my own XP either, and here it works fine...

Sunaj
'The gap between theory and practice is not as wide in theory as it is in practice'

In the event viewer of the server will be some error about it. And It helps you to find the component

Unfortunately (as I wrote in my first post) there are no relevant entries in the event logs.

Sunaj

Well the component works fine (as I also wrote in my first post), it's only when I run it through the webserver that it fails.

Sunaj

Only for a test and only for a moment try to give administrator privilegies to the iis user to ensure that the user is the problem

Yes I've tried that and it solves the problem above. However I get a similar error message on an other ActiveX component!
So I would really like to be able to see/debug/monitor extactly where the problem arises...

I've tried FileMon and RegMon, which did not give any additional information. I've also tried Auth Diagnostics 1.0 ( but noting seems to happen when I click the 'Dianostics' button (I used "mstsc /v:server name /console" and am running windows server 2003 R2).

I can't believe that it is that hard to figure out what is going on when you run things through IIS 6.0 - Right now I'm ready to stick Microsoft up where the sun never shines!

Sunaj

what you can do is put sectional messages in your code to identify small sections of the code. and see after which message the error occurs. then you can concentrate on the small section of your code.

I know exactly where the error occurs, it's when I create the AxtiveX component.

Sunaj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back