Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error 69 ,the cassete sits stuck in the drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoshiachNow

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
IL
We are running Networker 6.02 ,on AIX 4.3.3,Qualstar AIT jukebox.

We are getting occasional error 69 in Networker,then the cassete sits stuck in the drive .
The only way to release it is to reset the jbx phisically and restart Legato.

What is the reason for this ?
"Long live king Moshiach !"

It would have to be a hardware failure since you have to reset the jukebox. If the jukebox is stuck, NetWorker has no other option than to diplay an error. Contact your jukebox support people.

Yup, It's probably your AIT drive that is faulty.

You may want to look at the setting for the UNLOAD SLEEP time. If this is not long enough it can cause the Jukebox arm to try and remove the tape before it is ready and it will fail. By the time you issue your reset the JB it is ready to unload and the tape is "unstuck".

I have a simalar problem. But I receive a critical page message :)Networker Media EMERGECY Write open error: No Media In Drive) and the tapes are stuck in the drives so I have to eject them sometimes with the eject button and sometimes I have to power down the unit and reset and reinventory to get things normal again until the next time it decides to crap all over itself. I have a win2000 server connected via fiber to a Quaulstar TLS 4000 180 tape capacity w/4 sony AIT-3 drive 0 thru 3 and this has happened to all of the dives at one time or another its not limited to just one. I have updated the firmware per the firm we have support through with no help and they cannot seem to give me an answer only theories of what it might be. So I am hoping someone out there has seen something such as this. I would greatly appreciate the advice
Thanks
FredMc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back