Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 550 5.7.1 Access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottew

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2003
US
We are having problems sending email to a specific domain. When I attempt to send email, I get the following rejection...

Code:
user@dcf.state.fl.us on 10/10/2007 8:43 AM
            You do not have permission to send to this recipient.  For assistance, contact your system administrator.
            <mail.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied>

I did a look up on DNS Stuff and verified that we are not in any SPAM databases and that we have PTR record.

When I track the message in the ESM, this is what it shows me...

Code:
10/10/2007 SMTP Store Driver:  Message submitted to Store
10/10/2007 SMTP: Message submittted for Advanced Queuing
10/10/2007 SMTP: Started message submission to Advanced Queing
10/10/2007 SMTP: Message Routed and Queued for Routing
10/10/2007 SMTP: Started Outbound Transfer of Message
10/10/2007 SMTP: Non-Delivered Report (NDR) Generated

It looks like it is not even getting to the recipients mail server. Now I'm lost as what to check to see what the problem might be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

I believe this message:

"10/10/2007 SMTP: Started Outbound Transfer of Message"

Tells you it's getting to the other mail server, or at least resolved it's DNS and is attempting to connect.

I've seen this before and we never came up with a solution as I thought it was them, and they thought it was us.

Try restarting your SMTP service and try again, just curious if you get the same thing?

Also, do you get the NDR's with ANY user from your domain trying to send to the problem domain?

Thanks snootalope... From all the test that I have done, it seems that the recipient's mail server is filtering our IP address.

I have to this conclusion by telnetting into their mail server and attempted to send a message and got access denied. I then tried the same test from a server at one of our remote locations and was sucessful.

Unfortunately the recipient is the State of Florida and trying to find someone to contact to help me out is a nightmare.

Thanks,
Scott

that's really odd if they're filtering that address.. You haven't been spaming them have you!?! j/k

Only other thing I can think of is a reverse DNS check they're running on their end..

I checked that site as well as many others but have not found our IP address listed in any of the databases.

Thanks,
Scott

I know in certain types of, account properties, there are delivery restrictions options that can be set in a recipients’ account. The recipient may have simply set restrictions on who can send to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back