Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 54 Unable to load error handler, please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathan314

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2008
I tried to use a batch file to run VI import job and got Error #54, Unable to Load Error Handler.

The syntax for Mas90 3.71 is:
D:\mas405\MAS90\HOME\PVXWIN32.EXE ../launcher/sota.ini ../soa/mas90 -ARG ../VI/VIWI03 W 0 DIRECT DISPLAY
It works fine in version 3.71 and now I try to use it to run a VI job in version 4.20.
It stops to work and gave me the error #54.
I know the syntax for 4.20 has been changed. But I just couldn’t locate a correct one.
Please help.
I really appreciate about it.

Go to the Help files and look in the VI section on how to run a job from a batch file. It explains it all.

The following command is an example of what you would type when creating a shortcut if you are running the software either from a workstation or from the SQL server.
C:\MAS90\HOME\PVXWIN32.EXE ..\LAUNCHER\SOTA.INI ..\SOA\STARTUP.M4P -ARG DIRECT UION JWSMITH PASSWORD ABC VIWI00 AUTO
The command shown above is a typical example. The components of the command are listed below.

C:\MAS90\HOME\PVXWIN32.EXE
..\LAUNCHER\SOTA.INI
..\SOA\STARTUP.M4P
-ARG
DIRECT
UION
JWSMITH
PASSWORD
ABC
VIWI00
AUTO

Go to the Help files to learn about each segment. The Help files, just like your reseller, are your friend.

I really appreciate for your prompt response.

Which Help files did you mean here? The help file in Mas90?
I couldn't locate it.
There is no sub title of "how to run a job from a batch file".
Could you specify it more in details?
Thanks again for your help.

He gave you the exact text from the help file. I think that's all you should need to get going.

Dawn

The error #54 is gone by using this syntax. But I got a message says the user ID and password does not match which shouldn't be true.

After UION should be user ID for Mas90 and PASSWORD should be a valid password.
Anything else is the same like the sample above.
Do I miss something here?
Any idea about this issue?
Many thank for all replies.

Replace ABC with your company code.

Is your VI job on the "Jobs" menu under VI?

Dawn

Right, I did miss this part. I need change ABC to company code. Warm thanks.
Now I got another problem. When I ran the batch, it just gave me a pop up window and sit there waiting for me to operate it. Now I can do test or import only manually.]
There is no different between I log into Mas90 and do the import and just run this batch file to do the importing.

But it supposed to run the importing automatically.

How can I make it run the importing job by itself? I need setup a schedule to run it hourly.

Really appreciated for all replies.

I think you might need to change AUTO to DISPLAY

Dawn

If you had bothered to go to the help files and read them as requested you would have read the definition of each segment and it would have told you how to do it.

I got it working.
If I had the help file, I would read it for sure. Just like I said I can not locate the help file. I even went through the whole VI manual and still don't find any content related to the VI automation.
Anyway, many thanks to your guys for all replies. It helps me to get my job done.

The help file is under program files, common files. There are a couple directories under that you need to go into. Sage perhaps?

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back