Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 525

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertrum

Programmer
Oct 7, 2003
GB
Hello

I have a user who experiences this error (the helpfile provides an ambiguous description of 'There is something wrong with the report you are trying to open' !!) whenever he tries accessing a report through our client software (which uses the CR8.5 Delphi VCL for loading and viewing reports). He also has a full copy of CR8.5 installed which has no problems opening and running any reports used within the system. I got him to check both copies of crpe32.dll on his computer (one in system32, another in the binary folder of our application) and the versions matched exactly.

The odd thing is that this has only started happening since he upgraded to Windows XP (from 98 SE). Our software folder has been removed and updated (via an update routine which automatically copies files from the server to clients in order to ensure all files are up-to-date). We have a large customer base, all running reports on a daily basis, and never once has this error arisen. Additionally, there are many users who also have the full version of CR installed without conflict.

Can anyone advise? I am at a loss with this, and it aggravates me that the error 'documentation' is so minimal as to be virtually worthless.

We do use the BDE within the app, but all our reports use ODBC connectivity. It's definitely a CR error.

Thanks anyway

Error 525 is PE_ERR_BADREPORTFILE. I can't find anything on the Business Object site about what causes that error though. Are the reports stored locally, or are they on the server?

-dave

They are copied from the server to client machines, so users access reports which are stored locally. Originally we used a central shared folder, but soon found that this was not going to work as the files became locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back