Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 49153 - Unable to connect to the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheaker

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2001
US
I keep getting this error when trying to create a new database profile in Accpac for Windows 4.2a. I am currently running Pervasive 2000i (sp3) for Netware on the server. I think it is a server-side issue because at one time it worked.

Recently, our NW 5.1 server went down and I reinstalled the server and restored the data. I also reinstalled the Pervasive Service Pack #3. I can actually connect and get into the sample data but it will not let me create a new database. I assume it is some type of rights issue but I do not know what/how to check it. Also, does anyone have a list of the optimal server settings for a Netware server. I have installed Accpac to run everything from the server.

TIA,
Bill

Hi,

You can try running the DBSpy utility and see in the spy window, when you get the error, what status code it returns. This can help in pointing to the root of the problem. It does sound like a Netware right issue. Have you tried this while logged in as admin? I know you can get some pretty good technotes from accpac.com but I thing you need a password, maybe you can sign up there.

Regards

e

I ran the DBSPY and got two windows.

The log window says:
Database driver = A4btrv.dll
==>Database driver returned error code 49153

Another window says:
Link 0:FPSYS,AS9010;Read-Write

Any ideas.
Thanks.

Hi,

Errr 49153 is a database driver or requester not loaded. Is it a network wide problem? Should be, as when you installed P2000 and then applied the patch the default setting would have been applied. Go through you setting on the database enggine and the workstations, you should be able to fix it up.

Regards

e

I don't think this a server side issue as one of my users is getting this same error message while the 2nd user is working away just fine. We're running an NT 4 network as opposed to sheaker's Netware.

I'd also appreciate any feedback on this error message.

hfriesen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back