Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 462 "The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oyvindbratland

Programmer
Apr 19, 2001
NO
I have a small ActiveX-dll (actually no code in it!) on my MTS-server.
I have a small client application that loops and does nothing but instantiating the MTS-component, over and over again.
When I run several of these applications I sporadically get the error 462 "The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable". The strange thing is that it is sporadically. Sometimes it takes several days to get the error, and other times it takes about 30 seconds before the error occur.

Hope your can help me with this.

-Øyvind

This message comes when the package is shut down.
(the package in which you have installed your component)

this also happens if your MTS server processes stoped by someone or if your server is shut down.

Are you calling a function on your MTS component that returns an object reference (not the MTS object itself, but another object . . . something like Public Function MyFunction As MyObject)? If you get an object reference back and then the package is shut down, you will get this error when you try to access the returned object reference. - Jeff Marler B-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back