Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error 430 Class does not support automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarloZ

Programmer
Dec 15, 2001
CA
hello guys,

there is a program developed in visual basic. i reinstalled windows and installed that vb application again. this time i'm getting error 430 Class does not support automation which before was fine. i tried installing mdac 2.8, still didnt work. i dont have the code/project file so i couldn't change the project component version compatibility to binary compatibility. if this software worked before, is there any workaround on this problem? any suggestions are greatly appreciated....

thanks,
karloz

I'm guessing that other missing dll's would probably cause this error, but I get it anytime I forget to send dao360.dll along with the program. My understanding is that DAO is not a part of MDAC packages.

A 430 error means that the dll file the program is using either doesn't support some functionality or the interface has changed - most likely it's older or newer than the one the program needs.

Does it give you a clue to which dll file it's bombing out on?

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

i tried even installing visual studio, thinking it might copy/supply the needed dll files but to no success. and it doesnt give any clue to which dll file has the problem.

any other genius ideas guys???

much appreciated.

karloz

Add some debug code where you think the problem might be occurring and try to narrow down which component is returning the 430.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician
Custom VB and Btrieve development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back