Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 4105 with external calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHutt

MIS
Jan 24, 2002
CA
Hi:
I have a 2008 and a 500 set. The 500 set is ext2828 and the 2008 has button 0 as ext2828 and is MARP. When someone internal calls ext2828, calls may be answered at either phone. External calls, however, encounter the following problem. When the DID is dialed, the 500 set rings and the 2008 set rings. When the call is answered from the 500 set, there is dead air. If the call isn't ansered on the 2008 set, it then hunts to key 1 on the 2008. On my PBX terminal I get an error 4105. It says to make sure tenants are same and make sure CLS allows external calls. Tenants are the same, but I'm not sure which CLS allows/denies external calls or if that is even the problem at all. Help!

Thanks,
Marty

Hi
look in CLS for UDI,if RDI change it
UDI allows external calls,,RDI restricts external calls
Colin

Thanks, Colin, for your reply, but my switch isn't equipped with that package, so I can't add CLS RDI or UDI--I get SCH3936:need package 131 or something similar...So it isn't tenant and it isn't CLS RDI, any other thoughts? Is it maybe something on the digital set that needs to be changed? Still hoping someone can help... :)

Hi
what switch and issue do you have ??

Colin Colin

Look at the first three letters after the CLS prompt when you print out both phones. These are an important part of this process. Post a follow up message and let us know what they are. You can find out about this in the Books under "Access Restrictions"

Thanks Jerry. I had the CLS as FRE (fully restricted) to stop users from making outside calls. I changed CLS from FRE to CTD and now DID calls can be picked up at this phone. I had no idea FRE denied DIDs. Any suggestions on CLS to allow DID and internal calls but restrict all outside calls?
Thanks,
Marty

Marty,
If you set the cls to "SRE" they can receive inbound DID calls but can not dial out.
...jerry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back