Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 4101unable to login to database engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

xp2002

Technical User
Apr 16, 2003
NL
I get this error lately:
E4101 Unable to login to database engine (DATABASE=CASDB, EC=-2005)

I've tried to stop and start the services using cstart.bat and cstop.bat, but no result.

Also a problem is that the logfile sometimes gets corrupted (rubbish in the log, looks like binary data)

Doen anyone have a solution, because it seems that the backup doesn't work.

Thanks,
Angelo

Ok, the solution in _this_ case:
The C-drive where Brightstor resides was full. We had 3 mb free space, so that's the reason that
- logfile was corrupted.
- and the database couldn't be connected.

Hope this helps for anyone who has this problem too.

grtz,
Angelo

This is a frequent problem with their DB, Best thing to do is either Reinitialize the database in the Server Admin - you lose everything! You will be required to Merge tapes to do a restore. Fun eh?

Have the guys at CA send you a new DB via e-mail and keep it handy, you're gonna need it every so often.

Here is the definition from the Velosis manual.
Error code -2005 = S_SVRUNAVAIL
Server unavailable (i.e., doesn’t exist).
The network has run out of resources (connections) and has rejected the connect request.

So in this case the first thing to check would be free disk space.

Check the RNName Variable on the server. If it doesn't match the server name then you need to do that.
Also, Check the ARCserve account details in the Server Admin

I have had a problem with a server causing this error. You can't even run rdsadm.exe. I stopped the database engine. Then, I went to the database directory, c:\progra~1\ca\Bright~1\database, and deleted the rAAAAAAE.chg, rdm.chi, and rdm.chk files. The rdm.chk was really large. There were a couple of server crashes before this error occurred. I restarted the database, and it is working properly again.

This used to be a fix for ARCServe 6.0! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back