Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 4101 in Arcserve V.9 on W2k SP3 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyaid

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2001
US
For the past week or so, I have been receiving an error message that says: e4101 Unable to login to database engine. (DATABASE=CASDB, EC=-2005) On top of that, the Database engine stops for no reason, and the media pools disappear.
I have looked on the arcserve site, and e-mailed tech support. If I do a dbcheck, it asks me for my servername, username and password, after typing those items in (servername=machine name, username= username under default server on Arcserve homepage, i.e. caroot) I receive the same error -2005. I don't know what to do from here to correct this problem.

1.How is the database configured? (Local or MS SQL)
2.Have you changed password recently?
3.Has anything in the environment changed?
4.ARCserve Database service, Is it configured as local system account logon or a specified user?

It is a local database, the password has not changed, nothing in the environment has changed, and the database service is a local system account.

Media pools are stored in the DB - that is why you loose them. When the DB engine shuts down, AS cannot log in the db and that is why you get the 2005..
Check out your disk space on your disk where you installed AS - if the space is low, this can happen.
cheers
TP

The disk space is fine, there are 8Gb available,

Hi

Your are getting the error -2005 while running dbchek becuase you are uisng the wrong username & password use exactly the same syntax as below and it will work
dbcheck -a -L casdb;admin;secret astpsdat

regards,
mohamdr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back