Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 372: Failed to load control...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad123

Programmer
Apr 11, 2003
CA
Hey,

Jeez, I have been having some MAD issues lately. Damned Win9x...haha

Anywho, here is my issue:
Ram/Processor: Doesn't seem to make a difference

All the errors I get happen on the same line of code, and that is when I try and SHOW a particular form.

Error:

Error 372
Failed to load control <controlname> from <module>. Your version of <module> may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.

Now, I only get this for two different components, always in the same line of code.

Component1: ctlFieldList - User Defined Component
Component2: ImageList

Now, there is 3 separate ImageList controls on the form, but even if I romeve all but one, and import the images I need into that one ImageList, I still get the error.

As I mentioned above, these errors ONLY happen on Win9x machines.

Any ideas how I could solve this issue?

Thanks,
Chad

Ha, nevermind, I figured out what the source of my grief was... It seemed that me calling a control resize upon form load was causing a HUGE load on the machine at once...and with Win9x the memory resource managemnet SUX...

anywho, I changed the form to call the resize only when needed, and not upon form load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back