Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 339...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad123

Programmer
Apr 11, 2003
CA
I run the binary (.exe) and I do not get this error, but when I run it in code I do get the error...

OS - Win95
VB - 6.0

Error Message:

Error 339
Component 'ChckMate.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Any ideas?

try recreating the ocx file?

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

I have tried reinstalling the control, I tried using the file from another machine, I even tried copying the file straight from the setup, and all were a no go...

Which OS was the ocx created under? When You are running things on win95 they are not as backward compatible as Microsoft would like you to believe.

Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Nevermind, I have fixed the issue. It appered to be caused by a file that was shared by many apps.

I revised the file and all is well now!

Thanks for the help

chad123,
i have the same probelm. please explain how you solved it.

Is it with ChckMate as well or a different control?

its acontrol created by me in VC++. and i am using SCM (windows 2000) to create a service of the vb EXE which uses this control.

thanks

Do you get any other errors when this error occurs, or is there a sequence of errors?

My issue ended up being something totally different from that of the original error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back