Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 3204 upon restore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2001
US
I've tried to restore (as a test) a directory of one of our donor tracking programs that we use here. First, I noticed if I try to do the restore on the same partition, it hangs forever to a point where I cancel the job (3.61MB processed in over 2hrs). If I restore to a different partition, the restore appears to be successful however I always get a message that it has failed with the following error.

"E3204 Failed to get SIS Common Store File Location from database"

Does anyone know what I can do to remedy this?

Thanks in advance, your help is greatly appreciated.

I appreciate the info especially the second article.

I did read about SIS on Technet but I didn't find the second one. RIS was installed and removed so I tried to just re-add Remote Installation Services, however the groveler wouldn't start. From what it says I need to run risetup.exe which I totally forgot about. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, hopefully I'll get it here soon.

I have RIS setup, I did another backup of the directory and tried restoring however it's doing the same thing hanging on the first file...when I look at the log the last thing it says is
"BAOF allowed backup of the open file f:\common store\..."

I'm letting it run to see if anything happens however I'm not that hopeful.

I'm wondering Q263027 says that Arcserve must be able to call Sisbkup.dll when restoring a SIS managed volume...and that you must modify it, however I can't find how to do this.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back