Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 3197

Status
Not open for further replies.

genaccess

Technical User
May 18, 2003
US
Hello All-
I am facing a serious error in one of my databases. It is an invoicing database split into frontend and backend. When I try to open the database (frontend) it gives me this error " The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. (Error 3197)"

I have lots of forms, reports and modules that I will loose if I do not recover or repair this database. The data is good and secured in the backend.

Is there anyway someone can help me repairing this database? I can send the file via e-mail. Please respond to this post, if you can help repairing the database.

Thank you in advance,

AG

I would create a new, blank database and import the front-end objects. You may reach a point where one of the objects causes a problem. That object may need to be imported from a backup.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Hi Dhookom,

Thanks for your reply. I tried importing objects from the frontend to a blank database. It would not let me do that. The same error pops up. I also tried using demo versions of various access recovery software available online, one was successfull in recovering (as the report generated says) but since it was a demo version, the recovered database did not have forms/reports/modules etc.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Regards

GA

What do you mean by "It would not let me do that"? Can you import even one object?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]

I mean, when I try to import and point to the corrupted database, Access gives me the same error (3197) as it does when I try to open it normally.

I do not even get to the objects screen.

There is much more information at Tony Toews' site then I could begin to tell you.

Duane MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back