Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 3086

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad1984

Technical User
Jul 10, 2007
US
I have a bit of an odd situation here. The short short version: the database works fine for me after I added new features, but the client says reports are popping up with error 3089. Since I cannot duplicate this error or visit the site to see their computers, this will be tricky.

I do believe it has to do with the code I added to open the reports; they use a temporary table to hold some data for the queries underlaying the report. I use a very, very simple delete query to clean out the temporary tables, and then I add rows based on user input before opening the report which is filtered based on those rows.

So how could something as simple as:
Code:
CurrentDb.Execute "delete * from FilterTable;"
go wrong? Is this some sort of security/permissions issue? And if so, what can I do to change it?

I'm using Microsoft Access 2003 with a Medium macro security setting. She stated that she is also using 2003.

My mistake; I listed the correct error in the subject (3086, "Cannot delete from specified table,") but mistyped the error code in the post and neglected to provide the message as well. Hope that's more helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back