Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error: 2c1/800a001a ??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwiner

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2002
US
I have brought up another XPe server in my environment. I already have 3 in there. Everything was working fine until yesterday. We brought up a new server, it joined the farm fine and everything. But when I go though CMC and click on the server I get:

The license list is incomplete. An error occurred while getting the information
Error: 2c1/800a001a

Does anybody have ANY ideas. The new server was in a differnt domain and it was across the WAN connection. I do know that there was no Terminal Server License Server on that network. They are in the process of brining it up, but I just wanted to see if that came into play for this error.

Thank you!!

Yes all the servers are in the same zone. We are getting some werid results. It seems that all the machines can see the datastore perfectly fine. But the servers can't communicate with each other. From one side of the WAN I can see three servers fine, but the fourth I get an error. But on the other side of the WAN I can see one server fine, but the other three I get errors.

In working with Citrix I think we have determined it was not a license issue. I agree with that.

When we were setting up the 4th server (the one across the WAN) in setting up the ODBC when we used the FQDN for the SQL server the ODBC connection failed. But when we used the IP address it was successful! but it is not a resolution problem. When I do a NSLOOKUP everything returns fine! The VPN is compltely open and no ports are blocked through it.

thanks,
Matt

If you have resolved this issue, please let me know what the problem was...I just encountered it yesterday.

Thanks,

Jeff

hi,
I have received the same error today.
Can you also let me know what the problem was.

Kind Regards

It appears to be a WINS problem. In doing packet captures, talking with Microsoft, and Citrix, it appears to be a WINS problem. Apparently there is a call in the Citrix software, that uses a MS program, and it uses WINS. To solve this issue I believe we put all the servers in each of the other servers' LMHOSTS file.

I hope that helps you guys, good luck.
And we can all hope that MS will soon completely REMOVE WINS!

Thanks,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back