Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 2022 with NORTON 7.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrussier2675

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2002
FR
Hi,

I've got a big problem with this configuration: winNT4 sp6a as a controller, Norton 7.6, ARCserve2K SP3 + BAOF + DR.
Sometimes, my server stops responding with error 3013 (resolved with the modification of the registry) or 2022 (not resolved), and i've only choice to restart the server.
I've tried all tips from Microsoft, and Symantec are not able to explicate the problem.
Please, help me...

Hi,

I find that BAOF can create this incompatibility.
Unistall it and the problem seemds to disappear.
But I need BAOF, so my problem is still not resolved...

LR.

We have tried the 7.61 version, and this one didn't resolve the problem.

But, we tried with 8.0 version, and it seems to be resolved (we've tried it on several servers, and they don't hang).

LR

I was having the same problem.. Was initially looking towards arcserve, but have upgraded to NAV 8.0 and this also fixed my problem with 2022 errors.

Seems to be working ok now.

Hi all. Bad news.

Some servers seems to hang again with NAV 8.0!

Darn.

Symantec send us a patch (post NAV 8.0!), but we dont tried it.

LR

Bad news for us too. Seems our servers are hanging again too...

Spoken to Symantec and no solution from them.. Anyone else??

Only way to get around it is to leave File System Realtime Protection off, which we have done.

Any suggestions would be great!

We have a Cluster with W2K, Norton Antivirus & Arcserve open file agent and remote agent SP4. We have Microsoft investigating this issue with us. Symantec have recommend applying Arcserve Open file agent patch Q027937. Has anyone tried this? We can't at the moment due to us following Microsoft's testing procedures. We have also noted a pattern that most failures (70-80%) are link to automatic updates when server work queues start to drop and within 30 minutes a failure. Has anyone else spotted this same link?

We too are having problems with NAV 7.6 and Arcserve. Seems our event logs are being clogged with "Scan cannot access open file" messages written by NAV. Our only solution at this point is to disable NAV realtime while the backup is performed. B-(

I also have the same trouble!
I have arcserve exchange agent installed with Norton antivirus 7.6 on windows 2000 server sp3.
now I'm trying to uninstall arcserve but I was thinking to do another thing (tell me what do you think about): arcserve function with services. I want to try to keep arcserve and stop the services and with a script (scheduled in the night) starting the service and (after that or with another scheduled script) starting the backup I stop the services another time....when my users begin to work everything have to function properly......OR NOT???
any suggests???
greetings
david

news!
now I'm trying to use arcserve agent 6.61 on that server that stops with error 2022!
till now there aren't trouble (till now!!!!!!!!!)
in other words I use arcserve 2000 with agent 2000 for oracle and clients and agent 6.61 for exchange...
who will live will see (in italy we say)
greetings
david

ps
if there will be any troubles I'll try to use the scripts descripted above by me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back