Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 1920.Service 'nsrexecd'(nsrexecd)failed to start.Verify that you

Status
Not open for further replies.

emcproduct

Vendor
May 30, 2010
SA
Hi Guys,

I'd like to ask your help with this problem, I've tried installing networker 7.6 on windows 2003 server (cluster environment) but during installation the error.... "Error 1920.Service (nsrexecd)failed to start.Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services".

What would be the problem? I have the used the domain admin account already and try to restart the service using manual domain admin account.

Kindly give me your opinion, Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did the installation complete, or did it roll out and not install? Does task manager show a nsrexecd.exe running? Was there a "NetWorker Remote Exec Service" in the list of services? These would tell you if NetWorker was successfully installed as a service.

By default, the "NetWorker Remote Exec Service" (nsrexecd) is started using the local system account. You can change this to use a different account after the install completes.

How did you manually restart? (Re)starting nsrexecd as a service is different that running nsrexecd from command line.

Using your domain admin account, type nsrexecd from command line. Does it stay running? If not, then run nsrexecd -D9 and see what messages comes up before it dies.

good luck...

Hi,
just check if the services is running with local system account. Also, try a reboot of the networker server, this should start the nsrexecd on boot.

HTH,
Rovin D'Souza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back