Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error 1919: error configuring ODBC data source

Status
Not open for further replies.

msperfect

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
US
I was having trouble publishing to the server but now I am not able to open FrontPage2000 nor will it install. I removed it and tried to install it but I keep getting an error message:

Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: dBase Files - Word, ODBC error 6: Component not found in the registry. Verify that the file dBase Files - Word exists and that you can access it.

I can click on ignore and the installation continues and tells me it was successful but when I try to open FrontPage the screen comes up and then it just hangs. I can't open a file or do anything except end task.

I tried reinstalling Word. I downloaded and installed Mdac_typ.exe and Jet40SP. Same thing happened

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did a google search for "FrontPage error 1919" and turned up a lot of what look to be very relavant results.

Although some look to be related to FrontPage 2003, I would look into the resolutions for them. Do you have any Office 2003 applications installed on your computer? It appears to be some missing registry keys causing the error.

With so many good results, you'd probably be best off just checking all of the google results out yourself instead of my choosing a couple and pasting those URLs in here. Here is the google page with these results:

Let us know if you get this resolved and how.

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

I tried the things that didn't involve messing with the registry. I'm a little hesitant to do that. The error mentions Word which none of the error messages I have seen do. I'm not sure if that makes a difference. I can't find an odbc driver for word.

I've thought about a system restore but even before this I was not able to publish to the server. That was minor....at least it ran and I was able to make changes.

Maybe the registry is the only way. I hate to format the hard drive. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back