Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 1806 on only one PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

teresas

Programmer
Sep 8, 2000
US
I'm having a problem that only occurs on one particular PC with one particular VFP 9 SP1 application. This application runs fine from several other PCs. (And this PC can run several other VFP applications without errors.) The exe file is run from a Novell network drive and the operating system on the PC is Windows 2000.

The error message that appears as the data entry form is loaded (during the OpenTables method of the data environment) is Error number 1806, (SQL: Column "field | variable" is not found) but a specific column name is not listed. Instead, the error message reads 'SQL: Column " is not found.' Several errors appear after that (if you select Ignore rather than Cancel) including 'Alias " is not found' but, like the other error, the table name is not listed.

In this application on this particular PC, the report form loads okay and is able to access the tables and generate reports.

This particular PC was recently set up using an image that has been used for other PCs that are able to run this application successfully. It is possible, however, that something could have changed after the image was loaded.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what particular workstation configuration settings could cause this to happen?

Teresa

If anyone is interested, I did find a solution. I discovered that in fact this particular PC had been changed after the image was loaded. A VFP application from an outside source had been installed and its config.fpw was messing up my application. I have never used config.fpw files, but all I had to do was put an empty config.fpw file in the same directory as my exe, and problem solved.

Teresa

I have never used config.fpw files, but all I had to do was put an empty config.fpw file in the same directory as my exe, and problem solved.
You could avoid future problems by adding that blank config.fpw to the project and building it into the executable. At runtime the exe will find that it's got its own config and not go looking for another.

Geoff Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back