Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 1606 during Adobe Reader Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2005
US
Hello,

I cannot figure out why I am recieving a 1606 error while performing an Adobe Reader Install. The specific error is below. The items in " " are defaults as it is showing a specific server and user name.

Adobe Reader 6.0.1 Installer Information
Error 1606. Could not access network location \\"server"\users\"user"\shared\mypictures\.

The server that the error references is no longer on our network, and why would the installer be located in a users my pictures folder?

I did find an article on the MS site that stated to change a registry value in HKey_LOCALMACHINE, this did not work. I also tried redirecting MyDocuments to the local machine, and uninstalling windows prior to the install. Both of these methods also failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi, ensure that all paths in the following registry key are valid (especially "my pictures")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Hope this helps. Please let me know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

Thanks Bouchard, that corrected my problem. I redirected the "my pictures" location in the registry to the correct location and the install went through fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back