Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error 1384 when using /net time command w/o admin privledges

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsherrill

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2001
US
As administrator, the time is updated on the machines properly. When typical user logs in it gives the error 1384 a required privledge is not held by the client. I can't find any info regarding privledges with this command. I understood it to act as a service, but I guess this isn't so.

look into the user manager for domains,
go to Policies - user rights
Make sure your regular users have rights to change the system clock... Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

The policy is set up for all domain users to change the system time. That was the first thing I checked. Doesn't make a difference. All of the users belong to domain users as their primary group. It runs in a logon script
net time \\servername /set /yes. Again, it works fine as admin, but that's the only user group for which it works properly.

open user manager on the local workstations and doublecheck if that setting is configured...
you need to do it on all workstations... Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back