Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/docs/index.cfm

Status
Not open for further replies.

msakata

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2002
US
After installing Coldfusion Server 5, I recieve "The page cannot be displayed" error when trying to run the Coldfusion Administrator on a NT 4 box SP6a and IIS 4

Have you set the right Mapping and the current path using the administrator?? I have not failed; I have merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

Try replacing 127.0.0.1 with the computer's machine name, so that the URL looks like

If this works, just edit the properties of the "Cold Fusion Administrator" menu item on your start menu and you'll be all set. You can also try using "localhost" in place of machine name, but in my experience, machine name almost always works.

John Hoarty
jhoarty@quickestore.com

When I use the Machine name it gives me a same type "The page cannot be displayed" error. Where else should I start.

Just outta curiousity is your web server turned on?? I have not failed; I have merely found 100,000 different ways of not succeding...

To verify web server being turned on inetinfo.exe process is running and the IIS admin Service says it is startd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back