Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 119 when trying to connect to SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

laresek

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
CA
I am trying to connect ACCPAC 4.2 to a SQL Server 2000 database. I've set up my user login/password, set up an ODBC connection, but when I go into the database set up and provide my credentials, I get an error 119 when trying to connect to the database.

I've tried going in through Query Analyzer in SQL Server and have successfully been able to query and return table info. I've also tried using the server name instead of ODBC, and still fails.

What's interesting is if I provide an incorrect user name and/or password, I get an error 49153 instead of 119, this tells me that it is getting through authentication, but I'm not sure if it's stuck now at perhaps a permissions issue? Please help.

Thanks.

Create a dummy file dsn connecting sql database and then try.

If still fails then check your network protocols & security and submit new post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back