Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 1069 after loading SP3A 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantle51

Programmer
Aug 17, 2006
US
Hello,
After loading Service Pack 3A(to an existing SQL 2000 setup) I cannot access the SQL Server on my local machine. Error 1069 states 'The service did not start due to a logon failure'

Any ideas??

Thank you......

Check the account that SQL Server is using to start up. Is it a domain account or local? If it is domain make sure it isn't locked out. Then make sure you have the correct password.
You can get this information from the services program

- Paul
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

OK, the radio button 'Use SQL Server Authentication' is selected under Registered SQL Server Properties window, so I assume it's domain account. I perused through the Client and Server Network Utilities and saw nothing related to Account Locking or such. In fact nothing looks different, I just cannot start the server.

I think you are looking in the wrong place.

click
start-> programs -> administrative tools -> services

Find SQL Server and double click on the server and select the log on tab. What is the account?

Make sure the password is correct.

- Paul
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Also may be worth noting, I installed OLAP Services from the main disk with the hope that all those MDX functions would become available. After installing and trying to write IIF into a SELECT statement, Query Analyzer still gave me a 'Does not exist' error. However, it was not until I loaded SP3a that the server completely locked up.

Thanks for your perseverance.........Mickey

Thank you ptheriault. After much finagling - stopping starting the service, it finally worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back