Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 101 Access Denied...Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisjones

Technical User
Mar 28, 2000
SG
chrisjones (Visitor) Mar 28, 2000 <br>
Dear Group,<br>
<br>
I am running 2 PC's on a simple peer to peer network using WIN 2K and ICS with a cable modem.<br>
<br>
When I set up a new user on my PC, that user is able to connect to the Internet for a period of a few days after which access is denied... &quot;ERROR 101 ACCESS DENIED based on configured access control for all requests&quot;.<br>
<br>
If I then set up another user then they too can access the internet for a few days before I receive the same error message. (including the user that is sharing the cable modem)<br>
<br>
I believe that this problem is caused by some rule set within the operating system...BUT WHERE ??????<br>
<br>
Any help would be very much appreciated.<br>
<br>
Brgds<br>
Chris <br>

Is the user's account getting locked out?&nbsp;&nbsp;This might happen if you entered the wrong password when trying to access the Win2K resources.&nbsp;&nbsp;Check the user's account for &quot;Account is locked out&quot;

TCP/IP leases for the DHCP server may be set to expire within a given time limit.&nbsp;&nbsp;Try the help file, it's excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back