Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

error 0xa00084f8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phakdey

Technical User
Jan 19, 2005
US
Hello,

I'm new to all of this. Been on the phone with Veritas for the past week and they haven't been much help. I get this error...

"Final error: 0xa00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Please check for network errors."

I'm running this backup on a dell poweredge 1650 with the 2 onboard NIC's. I run backups on other 1650 with NETGEAR gigabit NIC's and they all run fine. The reason those other 1650's have NETGEAR cards is because I could never figure out how to get the backups to run with the onboard NIC's. The onboard NIC's work perfectly because we're sending data accross it all day. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Check the event logs of both the Backup Exec media server & the target server for Dr Watson Errors - specifically for "backup exec remote agent terminated unexpectedly"

Also are the onboard NICs teamed?? If so - unteam them & rerun the backup.

Let us know how u go.

I have had the same experience with Veritas' support. The thing that really angers me is that we have paid for the support. I am lucky if I even get an email response. I am looking around for a different backup software vendor in the mean time.

try to reinstall the agents. and also look at the patches that may be needed to update the veritas machine. these two things worked on some of my problems I am having..
blonde

What I found on my, was that whenever any activity occurred - erase, catalog or backup - the remote service stopped on one of my servers. I had to keep restarting. Finally found the issue related to "Intellegent diaster Recovery" component I have installed. Removed and service has stayed running.

Robin's Rule: If you put the cover back on before you test it, it will not work.

Thanks for your help...it seems that the hotfixes and patch was required...things seem to running smoothly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back