Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 07,005.47 on a Phaser 850 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miker75

Vendor
Jan 7, 2004
US
Here's a tricky one...

I have a customer that has a Phaser 850 which comes up with an error 07,005.47. This only happens intermittently (we had it in the shop and ran diagnostic tests on it fine and it printed out 140 pages or so with no problems). 2 weeks later we get a call from the same customer with the error again.

Anyone seen this problem? Any ideas what could be causing it?

Michael

HP Certified Technician

That erro typically indicates the dmc clutch has failed or failing. Check the dmc drawer lift pins, if they are worn there will be a notch on the end of each one, this will cause that error code. Suggest that you replace the drawer if the notches are present (p/n 436035901) and replace the dmc clutch (p/n 650428800), especially if you replace the dmc drawer.

I'm boggled, I've seen a lot of Maintenance drawers with notches on the lift pins, but never known if they were worn or not? Is there a picture somewhere on the net that shows a good maint. drawer and a worn one??

Michael

HP Certified Technician

If there is a notch in the lift pins they are worn. Its only a matter of time before the error you mentioned occurs. Some printer will run longer than others with this notch, not sure why but my guess is it is based on teh strength of the clutch. This is why if you replace the drawer I reccommend replacing the clutch at the same time. You may get away with just replacing the clutch, but in time the worn lift pins will create a problem.

These things are more expensive than what they're worth! :)
Sure end users say "Oh but I LOVE the printouts they do!".. but hell.. with the price of the wax sticks and maintenance on the damn things...

HP Certified Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back