Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 030 on file x.btr - Message #430

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadevenzio

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2010
US
I recently had to rebuild a XP workstation that had been running Progression 7.6.300c and Pervasive PSQL 9.5 for years. I have many users currently using this configuration without an issue. When I reinstalled Macola and the PSQL client I now receive the error "Error 030 on file x.btr - Message #430" for a number of files when selecting menu options. I believe it results from a file version compatibility issue. I have deleted the registry entries for Pervasive and copied the bti.ini from other machines. I have change the Pervasive client to use remote and/or local engines. I believe it is workstation specific, what am I missing?

Issue resolved.
It was a combination of changing the file type to 6.x on files creating a 30 error and modifing the registry setting HLM/SOFTWARE/Btrieve Technologies/Microkernal Worstation Engine/Version 6.15/Settings/Max Files to 256 and Max Handles to 256.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back