Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Error 030 on file x.btr - Message #430

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadevenzio

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2010
US
I recently had to rebuild a XP workstation that had been running Progression 7.6.300c and Pervasive PSQL 9.5 for years. I have many users currently using this configuration without an issue. When I reinstalled Macola and the PSQL client I now receive the error "Error 030 on file x.btr - Message #430" for a number of files when selecting menu options. I believe it results from a file version compatibility issue. I have deleted the registry entries for Pervasive and copied the bti.ini from other machines. I have change the Pervasive client to use remote and/or local engines. I believe it is workstation specific, what am I missing?

Are you using Progression Explorer or Workflow Explorer? Is the drive mapping the same as on other machines?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Thank you for responding to my post. I am using Progression Explorer. The same drive mapping is being used as I am able to log in and select modules and options. However, the problem occurs when a module option it is being loaded. It appears that files with version 7 format create the problem while files with version 6, do not. The big question is why does it work on all workstations but not the new workstation. Note: because this workstation was rebuilt it has not gone through Macola/Pervasive version changes.

Yes, this is only happening on one machine. (Only machine that I have had to replace a hard drive).

FYI, Pervasive.SQL 9 Control Center works without any issues on this machine.

Please eplain why you think this is a file version compatability issue. File version (if I recall correctly) is maintained once in Pervasive Control center on the server, it is not a workstation by workstation setting.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I believe (I could be wrong) it is a file version issue because I printed a Btrieve File Version Analysis Log and it showed that those files within the selected database/company that were version 7 were displaying the above error and those that were version 6 did not. BTW, the last error message receive after the above message is "Opening Procedure Failed", which is understandable.

I questioned the file access issue, permissions etc. but a process monitor showed that the files in question were being read.

Thanks again for your assistance.

no this effects all companies....don't worry I am confussed too.

The create file version is a global setting in Pervasive, and you should be on 6. I do not see how this is working or how you could have mixed file versions. Having said that, I have almost no recent experience with Pervasive - most everyone went to SQL years ago.

What has Exact said? Have you talked with them?

I have the global setting set to 6. When we quit paying for support our Exact rep quit calling. I have not spoken with them for years.

I can understand how it can interpret the file formats differences as Pervasive has downward compatibility support but I do not understand how it works for all but one workstation that has me quessing.

I believe I am getting closer to the root cause. The following message appears in the MKDEMSG.LOG. Version 6.15 appears to resides in the Macola70 default directory. Now, I need to trace why it is running this client and not the one installed on the workstation.

**** Microkernel Database Engine Version 6.15.451 Start Time: Mon Aug 30 11:38:17 2010
11:38:17 MKDE2037: Resources allocated

There should be a couple of files in your Macola root, renbtdll.exe and/or delbtdll.exe. If you can find them run them and it will rename or delete the 6.15 btrieve components on your system.

I came upon postings regarding renbtdll.exe and delbtdll.exe and have not run them because of possible impact on the 20+ other users that are running fine. I will try your solution once I can control system usage within the next week. Thank you for your input.

Where are you located? I may be able to provide a local support reference if that can help you.

Please check out Peter Shirley. The Pervasive install is a pain to overcome because no one or hardly anyone is using it anymore. Exacy has announced a sunset on Pervasive support. You should also consider calling Exact, even though they have quit calling you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back