Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ERROR: 00008001 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chifan

MIS
Feb 1, 2002
US
I am getting the following msg.

"Your handheld has not previously been synchronized to the currently open Outlook profile (or you have changed your handheld user name).

If you have reset or renamed your handheld, delete the PocketMirror Note from Outlook and re-synchronize.

If you want to add your Handheld to the list of authorized Handhelds to be synced with this Outlook profile, see the online help topic "Syncing multiple Handhelds to the same Profile"."

I've tried deleting the profile and letting Outlook create one when it syncs but it still will not work. I've re-installed pocket mirror and the palm desktop but it will not work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Chifan,

Open Outlook and in your Personal folder is a folder called Notes, double click and look for PocketMirror.
Delete what is inside and re-sync.

That worked for me.

Flinde

Hello,
Thanks finde for the post, that helped me with the samr error. I wanted to just add on here that for Outlook 2003 they moved the folder. It is a folder type of --Folder containing Note Items-- and it is called --PocketMirror--. It lives at the same level as the --Notes-- folder. If you click on the --PocketMirror-- folder in the --Folder List--, you should see a Note with the name of the profile it wants you to delete.
Peace!
Leon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back