Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Erroor message: Too small or no paging file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayhawk

Technical User
Aug 10, 2000
US
I logon, get the error message, click ok, go back to logon,, never breaks the loop. I have run the repair funtion. I have the repair console installed, but do not know what to do. I am a brand new W2K Pro user.<br>Any ideas?<br><br>This message appeared after doing a &quot;Duplicate hard drive &quot; from Retrospect 5.1.<br>U had all the otions turned on the copy the registry, etc.<br><br>Thanks, James Kitching

The first thing I would try would be to delete the pagefile.sys file. If the drive is NTFS you may have to move it to another NT system to have write access to it. If FAT32 use a Win98 boot disk, find the file and delete it and reboot into W2K.<br><br>I have seen similar problems when ghosting drives that have hibernation files...they get corrupted and the utility used to create them cannot delete and recreate a new one thus the utility fails.<br> <p>Doug<br><a href=mailto:dxd_2000@yahoo.com>dxd_2000@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

When I logon to Win 2k Pro i get an error pagefile.sys is full or you have none--go to my-computer and change size, etc, etc.
the problem is it brings me back to the logon screen and won't let me get into windows.
i followed Microsoft and deleted the pagefile.sys from root but that still doesn't work.
any ideas??

take all but your primary drive out of the computer
Usea W98 or W95 startup disk.
go to a dos prompt.
tyoe fdisk /mbr

problem solved
only do this if you have a standard fdisk partion, nothein else, or it will do you in for good.

You are a lifesaver!! Had this problem today with a ghosted hard drive. Your advice about fdisk /mbr worked like a charm! These message boards are so much more helpful that anything over a microsoft. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back